Jasmine had a fever all day yesterday. We kept giving her Motrin, but it didn't seem to help. She would go back and forth with being cheerful and then whimpering.
She fell asleep on the car ride home. I tried to give her some dinner, but she ended up throwing up all over the couch and then again in her high chair. It was projectile vomit, so it got all over Jose.
I stayed up late working on my Fieldwork Denver project. When I went up to bed at 11:30, Jasmine was awake and crying. I felt her and she was burning up. Even the bottom of her feet were hot to the touch.
I took her temperature and it was 103.5! I called Kaiser's after hours and they said that she should be OK and just to watch her. They said that they usually don't start to worry until it's over 105! K, that's 5 degrees too high for me.
Jose ended up sleeping on the floor so that Jasmine could sleep in bed with me and we wouldn't be too crowded. I gave her more Motrin and that seemed to help this time. She started talking and playing. I kept telling her she needed to sleep since it was after 1:00am.
So she finally fell asleep and was feeling better this morning. I gave her some more Motrin and hopefully she is out of the woods. Poor thing. Breaks my heart when she is sick.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Poor baby. Fevers with no other symptoms can be worrisome. Keep an eye out for other stuff coming up!
Its so sad when they are sick! Abby runs really high fevers when she is sick too...104.5 and the docs told me the same thing, you just have to watch them and not worry till its 105. Crazy!!!
Post a Comment