Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jasmine's First Day of School 8-20-2012

Jasmine was so excited to start school!  I was excited, too, to see how much she would grow.  She has always been in In Home Day Care, so I was very interested to see how she would do being around other kids all day.

We decided to enroll her at the church I went to growing up.  They are actually less expensive than public school, and she would get to learn Catholic prayers and go to church.  She is in Pre-K and goes 4 days a week for four hours.

Jose had a tradition growing up that he and his stepdad, Larry, would always go out to breakfast on the first day of school.  So he wanted to do the same thing with our kids.  We dropped off Jordan to my dad and stepmom that morning, and then we took Jasmine to Perkins since that was close to work and to school.




Breakfast went quickly and we were off to school.  It was so cute to see everyone coming in wearing their uniforms.  Lucky for us, the Preschool and Pre-K kids do not need to wear uniforms since they grow so fast.  We walked Jasmine into her classroom and showed her where to hang up her back pack and then where her desk was.



She was seated at a table with a little boy named Max.  She loves to tell me that he wears green glasses that turn into sunglasses when he goes outside.  Then she also said that they are real ones, not pretend ones.  I love how her mind works that she would even think they are pretend in the first place!


She sat down right away and started coloring.  She didn't cry at all, and neither did Jose or I, surprisingly!  When I picked her up that day, she went on and on about how much fun she had and how she wants to go to school forever.


A few nights later we went to Back to School Night and saw this self portrait that she drew hanging up.  Love it!



No comments: