I was having a Disney itch, and me being the nut that I am, I started pricing out tickets to Orlando in late May. I figured I could justify it since Jordan was still free to fly, our annual passes were still good, and we could stay at our Disney timeshare. So really all we needed to pay for was three plane tickets. I also used some gift cards that we had to pay for the dining plan, so once again, that was another thing that we didn't need to worry about.
We slept in the first morning and then went to Typhoon Lagoon, one of the water parks at Disney. The girls had a blast there. They have a special area just for kids, where the castmembers actually measure the kids to make sure they aren't too tall to be there. They also have free life jackets for the kids to use there.
Us on the Lazy River
Photo Op with Stitch
That night we relaxed and went back to the hotel and had dinner at Boma. It is an African and Indian inspired restaurant and the food is delicious. We also checked into our home resort, Animal Kingdom Villas, and stayed there the rest of the trip.
The next morning we went to Magic Kingdom so we could meet Merida from Brave. While I was waiting in line to meet her, Jose took the girls to meet Alice and the White Rabbit.
When it was our turn to meet Merida, they let a large group of us in, and they had activities for the kids to do while they waited, so they wouldn't get bored. They had coloring sheets and also each child could shoot a bow and arrow just like Merida. Jasmine loved doing it and actually did a pretty good job! Jordan was too scared to try.
The next day was Epcot, where we met up with our good friends, Crystal and Alvin. Ever since 2004, we have a tradition of going to Epcot together. We always joke that Jasmine looks like she could be their child since she has the same skin tone as them.
The next day was spent going to Hollywood Studios, which is where Jose and I met and worked. They have a live show there that has all the Disney Junior characters, so the kids love that. We also had lunch at Hollywood and Vine where the kids got to have lunch with June from Little Einsteins, Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Handy Manny, and Special Agent Oso.
This is Jasmine's Super Hero Pose. She told Frozone, "Where is my Super Suit? Why do you need to know!?" and he got a kick out of that. I am sure it's not everyday that kids quote lines about him in the movie, I am sure it's mostly all things that Mr. Incredible says :).
The last day was spent at Magic Kingdom so Jasmine and Jordan could ride their first roller coaster. They both screamed the entire time, as well as Jose. I don't know who was more scared, them or him ;).
It was another wonderful trip. We have never taken the kids this time of year, and we thought it was perfect. We think we might stick to coming here in June just so the kids will be out of school and it hasn't gotten too hot and humid yet.



No comments:
Post a Comment