Friday, April 9, 2010

Jasmine's 2nd Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated Jasmine's 2nd birthday. We decided not to do a big party since we figured this is the last year we can do something small. Next year she will definitely be aware of her birthday, so no chance of getting out of a party then...

Jasmine has ballet class with Jocelyn on Thursdays and my sister usually takes them since Jose and I are working. So Jose and I took a few hours off and took Jasmine to the class. It was so much fun getting to watch her dance around. She seems to love it so much, so I think this is something we will stick with. My dad and stepmom also came to watch the girls.


After class, we all went out to lunch at Panera Bread. It was so yummy. We all had a nice lunch and then Jose and I needed to get back to work. Jasmine fell asleep within a few minutes of being in the car. She then proceeded to take a 3 hour nap. She must have been worn out from all the excitement.
After work we picked her up and then went to Coldstone to pick up her cake. We got a yellow cake with cake batter ice cream and Resses Peanut Butter Cups. That was a little more for me than her, but she still enjoyed it.
I made dinner and my sister, dad, stepmom, and the kids all came over. We ate dinner and Jasmine was more interested in eating croutons than the baked ziti. After dinner we opened presents. Jasmine loved all the toys she got and didn't pay too much interest in the clothes.
For her present from Jose and I, we got her an Ariel Tricycle. She loved it and Jocelyn kept wanting a turn. It blows bubbles and plays music. Unfortunately her little legs aren't long enough yet to reach the pedals, so for now she can just sit and push the buttons. But even Jocelyn had a hard time reaching the pedals. It was weird since the box said for 24 months and older.
After dinner we sang Happy Birthday to her and she was singing along with us. She was also able to blow out her candle which was so cute!

Overall I think she had a wonderful birthday. Looking back on the past two years has been a lot of fun. After cake we all watched the video of her being born as well as her birthday last year. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter, and I love motherhood more and more everyday.

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Aww, sounds like a perfect day. Reading about the cake made me hungry!!! Happy 2nd birthday Jasmine!!