Wednesday, April 14, 2010

29 Week Checkup

We went to the perinatologist yesterday. I gained another 3 pounds, eek!!! That puts me at 15 total so far. I need to slow down on my eating!

Jordan currently weighs about 2 pounds, 14 ounces. That puts her in the 50th percentile. So she is looking like she may be a normal sized baby.

She is butt down right now. I know that I still have many weeks for her to flip, but I am getting nervous because she has not been upside down at any appointment we have seen her at. She has been transverse (sideways) or feet down. I just have this vision in my head of her getting off the couch and getting her butt stuck in it ;).

But my blood pressure looks good, my glucose was good, and my protein levels in my urine are normal. So that means that I only need to go to the perinatologist one more time in six weeks. They also decided that I will most likely not need to do the weekly fetal monitoring. So yeah to all that!

This is my own conclusion, nothing they said to me, but I think they may let me go to my due date this time instead of inducing me. I think Jordan is growing well and my health is doing good. Just makes me nervous that I will have to go into labor on my own. I liked that I was in the hospital in case anything went wrong. Now I may have to do it like a normal person...

On a sad note, the doctor was running late yesterday. They squeezed in an emergency patient. When they were in with her I heard them ask her if she was all right. Then the doctor told her as she was leaving that he would come find her at the hospital. She was super thin, so she couldn't have been very far along. But I wonder if she either lost the baby or they needed to terminate the pregnancy. So sad. They looked sad on their way out.

It just makes me so thankful that I have been so blessed with my children so far. I can't imagine the heartache of having to lose one.

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

So happy to hear things are going well!

JessiDay said...

Your weight is fine!!

I hope you get to do it on your own. You will probably be too impatient though and head to the hospital only to be turned away. :P

When I was seeing the Peri for our amnio/u/s stuff, there was a gal in the waiting room crying. she had an u/s picture in her hand. I wanted to go hug her. I heard the dr transcribing his notes and he said that she needed some blood clotting meds. So she probably lost the baby. And she was all by herself that day.