Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

This past Easter weekend was a busy one. Saturday started with an Easter Egg Hunt for Christina's neighborhood. My friend Jessica lives down the street from my sister, so her family was there also. Then my sister's friend Christine came with her son, Jace. I was glad no one noticed that we didn't all live in the neighborhood.

Here is our brood: Jasmine, Evan, Delilah, Jocelyn, and Jace.


Group Picture

Jocelyn was terrified of the Easter Bunny. She kept saying, "I scary me!" Jasmine was a little afraid, but when she saw he had candy and I held her in the picture, she did ok.

Jace, Giovanni, Jocelyn, and Jasmine enjoying their candy.

After the Easter Egg Hunt we went back to my sister's house to dye some Easter Eggs. The girls had a really good time. Jasmine thought it was juice and we had to take it away from her a few times when she went to drink it.

The next day, I went to church and then we went over to my sister's house for brunch. My dad, Aunt Mary, and Christina's friend, Wendy joined us. Wendy is from Australia, so she spends a lot of holidays with us since her family is so far away.

Christina filled many eggs up with Cheerios and the girls went around the yard to find them. Surprisingly they loved all the Cheerios as much as the candy.

Family Picture: My dad, Jocelyn, Aunt Mary, Christina, Garrett, Jasmine, Me, and Jose

Grandpa and his Kiddos

We are starting to be able to get Jasmine to smile when taking pictures.
That afternoon, we went to my Aunt Georgianne's house for Easter dinner. Everyone was there, which was a treat since it's been a long time since we were all together. Our cousin Matt and his wife, Jenna, just had a baby girl, Morgan in December. Here is a picture of all the second cousins:
All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I love Easter as a Catholic, and I also love it because it means a lot of family time.

No comments: