Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yet again I haven't written...

So there goes my New Year's Resolution to write more blogs...  Oops.  Life has been crazy busy.  A lot has happened in the past few months since I last posted.

In July Jose and I went to Las Vegas for my birthday.  We saw Celine Dion and The Lion King and stayed at the Luxor.  We also made the drive out to the Hoover Dam.  That was our first time leaving the kids behind, and Jose's mom and stepdad flew out to take care of the kids.  Everyone did great, so Jose and I kept saying we should have done a trip away from them a long time ago.  We just always have that guilt that we need to be with them since we are at work all day, but it was nice to get the break.


Then three weeks later I flew to Hawaii for a girl's weekend with my Disney roommates from my first College Program.  It happened to coincide with the 10 year anniversary of when we all met, so it was perfect.  We got to have a test stay at Aulani which is the new Disney resort in Oahu.  The hotel was incredible, and best of all the room and all our food was free!  Thank you so much to Ellen for inviting us to join her.


So those were the big trips of the summer.  We are headed to Orlando in about 3 weeks to go on the new Disney cruise ship, The Disney Dream.  We are going on another 4 night cruise to the Bahamas, so we are just going to skip Nassau and stay on the ship that day since we have already been there 2 other times.  But we are traveling with 14 people (including us) so it will be fun to have such a large group, can't wait!  We will be gone for almost 2 weeks, and I am so excited to see Jordan at the theme parks.  This will be her 3rd trip there, but the first two times we took her, she was so small she couldn't do much.

Jasmine is 31 pounds now, so still super tiny.  Jordan is at 22 pounds, and is not a picky eater at all, which we love.  Jasmine will eat very little, but Jordan will eat whatever we put in front of her.  I hope this stays and she doesn't get picky later on like her sister.


Jasmine started Religious Education at church last week and loved it.  I figured since she is not in preschool this year, that I would enroll her in RE and also in a physical activity at the Rec Center so that she has some interaction with other kids her age.  She is happy in both.

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Your girls are beautiful and so sweet! It sounds like you had some fun trips this summer. Its always good to get away with just your hubby. I know about the guilt though, and I don't think that ever goes away. I am so jealous of your trip to Hawaii, how fun...and free?!? Lucky!!!