Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jordan and Lupus Update

Here is the latest update for Jordan… We went to the doctor on Monday and she said that I did need to do the fetal monitoring. Up until this point, all the paperwork from the perinatologist said only if indicated, and then after my last appointment, he indicated it :). So they went ahead and did it yesterday, and the peri has confirmed that he would like me to go ahead and do it weekly until she is born.

So I gained a couple more pounds, and I am up to 20 so far. So I have already exceeded what I gained with Jasmine (19 pounds) and I still have 7 weeks to go. I am hoping to keep it less than 30.

So when the nurse lifted up my shirt to measure my tummy, Jasmine yelled, “Hi Jordan!” Then when we went to the monitoring room and they did the ultrasound, she kept saying, “I looking at my sister.”

The doc reviewed the ultrasound pics and said that my amniotic fluid is borderline. She said it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t where someone 8 months pregnant should be… So I need to increase my fluid intake.

Jordan was kicking a lot when the monitors were hooked up, so that’s good, I didn’t have to drink juice or anything to wake her. But I did eat some cookies before the appointment and they said they could tell because when they tested my urine, it had a lot of glucose in it ;). Oops, maybe I ate too many ;).

Then yesterday I went to see my nephrologist. He had some good news for me. Since I have not had a flare up since 2006 when I ended my treatment, he wants to test me again in 6 months. The fact that I have not had a flare up and my health seems to get better with pregnancy indicates that maybe the Lupus is resolved.

I’m not quite sure what that means since Lupus doesn’t go away. I asked if it could have been a mis-diagnosis, and he said no since I did have a biopsy done. I asked if I would need a biopsy again, and he said that he didn’t want to put me through that again. But I think if that was the definitive way to determine that it was resolved, then I will go through it again.

I wonder what all this will mean. I do know that I will be able to get higher life insurance since I am always declined based on me having Lupus. Time will tell.

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

I am happy to hear things are going well! Jasmine sounds excited to be a big sister!!