Friday, February 19, 2010

I am feeling guilty…

I’m sure every second time mother can relate to this, but I still feel bad just the same. I feel bad that I haven’t been as “in to” this pregnancy as I was with Jasmine.

Not because I don’t love Jordan just as much, I just am so busy this time around. When I was pregnant with Jasmine I wrote about when I felt her move and kept an ongoing journal. Unfortunately for Jordan, I have just been too busy with the move and taking care of her big sister.

So here is my attempt to log a few things…

We found out right away that I was pregnant. I tested as soon as I could since we had been trying for four months. The month before vacation Jose and I decided that if we got pregnant, great, if not, we would try again after the trip. Low and behold, the month we were indifferent, she was conceived. Isn’t that how life usually works?

I didn’t have any morning sickness, but I did get nauseous on our cruise. But I think that was more of a bug than morning sickness. This pregnancy has played just like the last one. Lots of heartburn and lots of dreams about being mad at people ;).

I felt her move for the first time probably around 16 weeks, but nothing strong. Now at 22 weeks, I am feeling her move quite a bit, and I love every kick. I wish she would do it more often. I’m sure I will eat those words in a few months when she is awake at 2am and I am trying to sleep.

I do absolutely love being pregnant. If there was a way to be pregnant all the time without having the baby, I would do it. The only thing that I miss a lot is being able to sleep on my back.
When I lay with Jasmine, she gets very upset when I turn my back on her, so it get’s uncomfortable to snuggle with her when I can only stay on one side.

I can't wait to start nursing again. I loved it so much with Jasmine. It is such a special time. This time I want to be smarter about the way I kept and got rid of my milk. I am hoping this time around I won't need to supplement with formula. I was able to nurse Jasmine for 13 months and I would like to go that long with Jordan, too.

Hopefully now that we are all moved into the house I can find more time to write about Jordan. We still have some major unpacking to do, but at least everything is all in one place.

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

Just the beginning of the mommy-guilt. I wish I could say it will get better, but it only gets worse! The first few months after Olivia was born I thought it was going to consume me, but we have found our balance and it rears its ugly head less often these days. I don't think it will ever go away completely though! Anyway, enjoy your pregnancy and enjoy your "only-child" too! Then you can start enjoying watching a sisterly bond form and grow that is incredible and indescribable! You have so much to look forward to ;-)