We went to my 20 week checkup yesterday. We couldn’t hear her heartbeat again, so I got another ultrasound. I have been able to have an ultrasound at every appointment so far.
We found out the reason why we are having such a hard time hearing the heartbeat. My placenta is anterior, which means it implanted in the front, versus the back like with Jasmine. So basically the placenta is right in front, so it is muffling the heartbeat. That means that I may not be able to feel her kicking that much since there is a cushion between us.
Not a bad thing, it happens.
I gained 4 pounds in two weeks! Eek! But I am still a few pounds less than when I started. Jordan looked good on the ultrasound with a strong heartbeat. She was lying transverse yesterday, so at least she isn’t breech anymore ;). But we’ve got lots of time for her to change that!
For now I only need to go to the doctor every four weeks until I get to 33 weeks, and then I have to go back in for fetal monitoring weekly. That means one hour a week, I go in, they do an ultrasound and check my fluid levels in the womb, and then I get hooked up to the fetal monitors (same ones they use when you are in labor). Then I have a little clicker in my hand and I click on it every time I feel the baby move. Sometimes if the baby is sleeping, they give me orange juice to get my sugar up for her to start moving. Good thing it’s Girl Scout season and I have lots of cookies to bump up the sugar levels ;).
So pretty much the same routine I had with Jasmine. My perinatologist is anticipating a very similar experience that I had with Jasmine, so that will most likely mean a small baby, and I will be induced. But everything looks good.
My nurse practitioner is due 2 weeks before me with a boy. So she won’t be there for my last few appointments. Then about 6 of my co-workers are all pregnant. Most of us are having girls, and there is one boy in the mix so far. We are all due around the same time, within the month of June and early July.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment