Thursday, January 14, 2010

Updates

It has been a while again, and I just can't seem to get caught up with the blogs! I do have some pictures I want to post later from Christmas and Jose's parent's visit, but that will probably be sometime in February :).

We close on the house tomorrow. We meet our real estate agent tonight to do the final walk through and then the closing is at 1:00pm tomorrow. We are very excited, but I am nervous at the same time. It's a big commitment but I know it's the right one. I just can't believe that we finally got a house! I never thought this day would come.

I had my 16 week checkup on Tuesday. They couldn't find the heartbeat again, so I got to have another ultrasound. The baby was wiggling a lot, so we weren't able to find out what we are having yet. I am happy that I have been getting all these ultrasounds, but it's a little sad for me that I still haven't heard the heartbeat yet. I think I heard Jasmine's a lot earlier than this. But I also heard hers at the perinatologist's office, and they have higher quality equipment.

Below is another picture of the little peanut. You can see the head and the torso, and their leg. It's partially bent, so you can see its knee.
We are no where near being done packing, but I am also to the point where I think I might just throw everything in boxes and then organize them at the new place. We bought a gallon of Tink Pink from Home Depot to paint Jasmine's room. That is our project Saturday while we are at the house waiting for our new things to arrive.

We bought a new couch, a new mattress set, and a twin set for Jasmine. She is getting all big girl furniture and then her nursery stuff will be set up in the baby's room. Poor thing, Jasmine gets all new stuff and this baby gets all the hand me downs. Oh well, I am the second child, and I did just fine :).

Then the movers are coming on the 23rd. We also hired some people to come and clean the house after everything is out. It is a huge relief for me to not have to worry about cleaning the place. I just can't be bothered. The new place is pretty clean since they just replaced the carpets and stuff. But I will disinfect the kitchen and the bathrooms just cause you never know :).
That's about it in our world. Just busy with the move and then trying to get settled in. If I can find some spare time I will get a Christmas blog written soon.

1 comment:

The Vrabecs said...

congrats on the house, very exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of it.