Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend in Colorado Springs

This weekend we decided to go to Colorado Springs to get away and celebrate my birthday.

Before we left on Saturday morning, we went to Southwest Plaza to meet a woman and her two daughters that I met on the Dis Boards. They are all going on our cruise this October and she lives in Castle Rock. She was so nice and her children were such sweethearts. She has a nine year old and a four year old. I think the four year old and Evan will get along great! After the meet, we drove down to the Springs.

Luckily we timed it so that Jasmine slept the entire way down. We checked into the hotel (TownPlace Suites) and then stopped at the grocery store to get things for dinner. I called my friend Jessy to let her know that we were on our way. Jessy and her boyfriend Matt, just had a baby, Sarah, about a month ago.

Jessy’s house ended up being only about five minutes away from the hotel. We drove over and I made everyone my baked ziti :). Jasmine kept trying to play with Sarah and was saying “Baby” over and over. We hung out for a bit, and then Jasmine started to get fussy, so we went back to the hotel. We were all in bed by 9:00pm. Quite the partiers, we are ;).

Sunday we went to Garden of the Gods. It was also only a few minutes away from the hotel. When we were there, two deer came frolicking out of the woods. Jasmine kept pointing to where they left from.Then we stopped by Archivers and headed home. It was a great little weekend getaway. We need to get out of the city more often.


1 comment:

JessiDay said...

Ahem. Isn't it *my* baked ziti?

I have to say, Jessy's baby is extraordinarily cute!