We got to the Longview Bridge, which connects Oregon to Washington, and it made me nervous. I asked why it looked like there was duct tape all over it :). It's only because they are painting, but it was freaky to me.
We made it to Federal Way, which is the city my mom lives in. It's about 30 minutes south of Seattle. She lives in an area that is surrounded by a ton of restaurants and shopping malls, so we decided on Taco Time for lunch. That is a taco chain on the west coast and it's one of Jose's childhood favorites.
After lunch we went back to my mom's condo to take a look at it and rest for a few minutes. On the way to Seattle, my mom showed us a couple of the houses she owns and rents out in Federal Way. The drive to Seattle was fast, and we made it there in about 30 minutes.
We parked near the Pike Place Market and looked out at the bay. We were telling Jasmine to look at the ferries and she kept saying she couldn't see them. Then it dawned on Debbie that we needed to tell her they were boats, and not Tinkerbell ;). While we were talking about that, we overheard a mom tell her son that the Disney ship was somewhere else. Then we realized it was docked in Seattle that day to set sail for Alaska! We were so excited and wanted to make sure we found it before we left that day.
The market was extremely crowded, which we found surprising on a Monday afternoon. There were so many vendors there, selling everything from t-shirts, to food, to frames. We stopped by a bakery booth and got a fresh loaf of sourdough bread and 2 pastries. They were so delicious! They had many booths selling the most beautiful flowers for very good prices. If I lived here, I would go and buy flowers all the time. The fruits and vegetables there were also the brightest I have ever seen. They almost looked fake!
We also went to the Pike Place Fish Market. If you ever watched the Real World in Seattle, they showed that place a lot. Basically when someone orders a fish, they throw it to 3 different people before they package it. Unfortunately not a lot of people were buying fish that day, so it was mostly a crowd of people just waiting for something to happen.
We went down to the wharf area next and snapped a few pictures. These were taken right outside of the Aquarium. It reminded me a lot of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, a place I went to a lot as a child. I can't wait to try it out on the next visit.
We finally saw the Disney Wonder when we were on the dock! Jose and I have sailed on this ship 3 times, and it's actually the one we just went on this past March to go to the Mexican Riviera. This was the highlight of the day for us. We loved being able to see a piece of Disney. The great part is, we didn't even know it was there! I didn't realize they sailed out on a Monday. Usually the 7 nights sail out on the weekends.
This was the closest we got to the Space Needle. This is definitely going to be on our To Do List when we come back. It actually wasn't as big as I thought it would be! But I am sure I will feel differently when we are up at the top and looking down next time!
On the way out of Seattle, we tried to drive as close to the ship as possible. It was getting close to 4:00pm, so we knew we didn't have much time since it would be leaving at 5:00pm. We drove to the parking lot and the security guard was nice enough to let us in so we could go and take our picture. Right when we posed for the picture, we heard the ship's alarms going off for the muster drill.
It was cool for us to show my mom and Jose's mom the ship. I am sure they think we are crazy for always wanting to go on the Disney Cruise Line, so it was nice to show them how beautiful and big the ships are!
We drove back to Federal Way and then went to dinner at Red Robin. We then dropped my mom off at her condo and made the 2.5 hour drive back to Scappoose. It was an amazing day, and I am so glad that we went. That was my first time to Washington, and I was so excited to get to cross another state off my list!



No comments:
Post a Comment