My New Year's resolution for 2011 is that I want to try and be better about writing blogs. So far we are almost 2 weeks in and I haven't done anything yet! I promise I will try to be better about it.
Life has been so busy with us lately! Work is busy and we are coming off of both girls being sick. It started on New year's Eve when Jasmine had a temperature of 102. I gave her some Tylenol and sent her to bed. When she woke up it was down to 100.
The next day it shot up to 104 and stayed around that range for the rest of the weekend. Jordan then started to cry a lot and was coughing quite a bit. So we took her to Kaiser's after hours office in Centennial and they determined that she had the croup. They gave her some oral steroids and that seemed to help a lot. Unfortunately since croup is caused by a virus, we can't give her anything other than Tylenol to keep the fever down. We just have to wait it out.
A couple of days later I took Jasmine in to get looked at and the pediatrician said that he could hear some rattling in her lungs. So we went across the hall to get a chest xray. Since Jasmine was a little scared to do that, they let me stay in with her and put a lead vest on me. Jordan was taken out of the room with the other techs.
I had to laugh when they did the xrays because Jasmine is trained so well that she smiled when they took each xray because we told her that they were taking a picture of her tummy. I am surprised she didn't say cheese!
After the results were in, it showed that she had pneumonia. Since it is bacterial she was prescribed some antibiotics for 10 days. She loves taking the medicine, too. She slurps up every last drop like it's candy!
Jasmine is doing much better and Jordan is getting there. Jordan pretty much lost her voice, so it's so sad to hear her cry. And a little pathetic, too!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Yay! More updates...keep them coming! Sorry to hear the girls are so sick, that is never any fun. I hope they are feeling better soon and you and Jose stay healthy!
Post a Comment